Love At First Print :: floral blazer + all white

Friday, June 12, 2015

What's more eye-catching than a white-hot monochromatic look? Adding a sleek flash of color, a bold look-at-me print, and a dramatic lip stain to effortlessly spice up your summertime vibe, that's what. 
Jazz up your closet basics - think solid v-necks and streamlined pencil skirts - with a pop of pattern play and statement accessories. It's an easy way to refresh your staples and add interest to an otherwise vanilla look. 
This Anthropologie boyfriend blazer is a breath of fresh air. Vivid colors, a silk finish, and a slightly slouchy fit are features that make this blazer unique and stylish. I sized up to get that oversized yet just-right feel. 
Emerald accessories, like these strappy, satin heels, give any look a luxe feel. I paired them with similar colors here but it's fun to let them stand out by combining them with complimentary hues such as blues, greens, and even warm tones.
This Alexis Bittar necklace takes statement making to the next level with glass stones and crystal. The green tone compliments the green hues in my outfit in an offbeat way.  
When placed against a white background, this blazer becomes the ultimate statement piece. Powerful accessories like this are the chicest way to liven up your summer wardrobe. 
My gray pearls are a staple for me. I gravitate towards them on a weekly basis. 
Photos by Dan Harper
[blazer: Anthropologie (I also like this one), v-neck: Ann Taylor, skirt: Ann Taylor (similar here), heels: Zara (similar here), necklace: Alexis Bittar, earrings: Havana pearls (similar look here), watch: Marc Jacobs, amethyst bangle: David Yurman, bangle: Alex & Ani, heart bracelet: Tiffany & Co., lipstick: Urban Decay in 'jilted'

Before making the big move to The Big Apple, my dad and I banked some photo shoots back at home in Illinois. These pictures were actually taken in our front yard! 

My New York update is that I am currently working at Ann Taylor in Manhattan until I find a job more aligned with my career path - something in the journalism industry (preferably fashion). New York is HOT right now but I'm loving it nonetheless. Hey, it's better than freezing cold! My first New York winter, now that will be something to experience.
SHOP ::


41 comments:

  1. Stunning! I love the print of your blazer! <3

    May x | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing blazer kiss

    http://denimakeup95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfit! Love green colors in your look!

    Arrow

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rich colours in this blazer. The white underneath really makes it pop! Great heels too. The green matches perfectly!

    http://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous blazer! x

    http://whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful!

    http://www.adelaacanski.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this… beautiful
    Have a rocking week!
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This reminds me I need to get a floral blazer. LOVE this!

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! ♥
    You are making me jealous, pretty!

    adoorablee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that blazer! the floral pattern mixed with white is perfect. Congrats on moving to NYC! The summer in NYC is one of my favorite times, so I hope your enjoying it.

    www.pinsneedlesfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful outfit, you look fantastic. This blazer is so pretty. *__*
    Have a nice week...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your outfit is beautiful.

    Diary of Elegance
    http://diaryofelegance.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your blazer and so gorgeous how it stands out with your white outfit.. great accessories too hun :)

    -- new blogpost in my blog :)
    Take care always, love Christine ~ xx
    BLOG | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow. totally love the blazer! perfect shape, pattern and color

    www.thefashionfraction.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look gorgeous in your outfit! I love your blazers and heels so much!

    sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love a good floral print, and this one is perfectly paired with white :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excellent! This floral blazer suits you perfectly well, I do love the pattern of it, so expressive and original. Stylish, womanly outfit turned out! Besides, these photos are so captivating!
    All the best, Kathleen!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look pretty in white Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the floral print on your blazer! You look lovely! :)

    Recently I have started as a guest designer for a famous bag brand and my first design of a belt bag is out! <3 I would love to hear what you think about it! :)
    Hope to see you soon on my blog
    www.beneaththecoat.com
    Bloglovin
    Facebook :)

    Kisses from Zurich,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  20. This blazer is so pretty and I love the color of your shoes!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  21. aww dear this blazer is so stunning and looks soo great on you!! amazing colors!! Great outfit!

    www.fashionizein.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. That blazer is stunning! Your outfit is on point, per usual, Kathleen!!

    https://sneakersandstilettos95.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. This blazer is gorgeous! I love it with your white and darker lip.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful look, love the pairing of color, The blazer is fab, I have been looking for one since ages.

    www.auxcapricesdeflore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the blazer with all white. You've got great style

    www.highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. This look is amazing! I've always wanted to try an all-white ensemble but it just seems to boring, and this is a great idea. I love the pattern too - it's very unique and versatile. You look gorgeous, especially with that lip stain, and I love the way you write - I can scroll through your posts for hours on end!

    http://xndrexpanaligan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your floral blazer perfect combine with sandals and your lipstick is very beautiful!!!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this look so, so much!
    The blazer is so beautiful and worked so great with the white pieces and matching green sandals, really perfect! :)
    And that lipstick you have on has a beautiful colour as well!

    xx
    Pretty Little Stories

    ReplyDelete
  29. these photos are so gorgeous and spring-like! loving the colours of your blazer and your matching shoes! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
  30. Green and pink look amazing on you! The colours pop against the white

    Style by Avery

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is such a great look! I love how you took a simple outfit base and topped it with a bold color and print. I love wearing v-necks and pencil skirts too, and adding a fun cardigan or kimono is such an easy way to make it more interesting. That blazer is amazing!

    xo, Michelle
    Neon Rattail

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love that blazer, it looks wonderful on you! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful look :)

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  34. The pattern of this blazer is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete